Welsh stage star John Owen-Jones is set to release a new single on December 8. ‘Come What May’ is a duet with fellow Welsh musical theatre star, Sophie Evans.
This follows John’s recent performances in Tiger Bay the Musical, and coincides with December solo shows in Llanelli, Cardiff and London. On the Welsh shows John’s Special Guest will be “the girl with the million-pound voice”, thirteen-year-old Beau Dermott. Beau shot to fame after giving a spellbinding performance on last year’s Britain’s Got Talent.
John says of Come what May “I’m delighted to be singing with Sophie again – she has one of the best voices in musical theatre”
Sophie Evans is currently performing in Wicked, as Glinda, in the West End. John has performed with Sophie at Caerphilly Proms in the Park, Tony Hatch concert at the Royal Albert Hall and guested with her on Only Men Aloud tour.
Recently, John starred in the world premiere of ‘Tiger Bay: the Musical’ in Cape Town earlier this year and returned to the leading role of John Crichton-Stuart, when this major new musical production was produced by the Wales Millennium Centre in Cardiff.
John released a new album ‘Bring Him Home: A Collection of Musical Favourites’ in June 2017. The album includes tracks from all three of John’s previous albums and includes three brand new tracks, ‘Suddenly’ (Les Miserables) ‘Why God?’ (Miss Saigon) and ‘Maria’ (West Side Story),
At just 26, John became the youngest actor ever to play the role of ‘Jean Valjean’ in the West End and was the first British actor to play the role both in the West End and on Broadway. John Owen-Jones has also played ‘The Phantom’ in ‘The Phantom of the Opera’. He has played the role nearly 2000 times – more than any other actor in the history of the West End production.
- For further news on John Owen Jones visit http://www.johnowen-jones.com
John Owen Jones Tour, December 2017
- 7 – Solo show, Ffwrnes Theatre, Llanelli, Wales (SOLD OUT)
- 8 – Live on Wynne Evans Show, BBC Radio Wales
- 10 – 7.00 pm Solo cabaret show Live at Zedel, London (SOLD OUT)
- 9.00 pm Solo cabaret show Live at Zedel, London
- 11 – Solo cabaret style show for Live at Zedel, London (SOLD OUT)
- 14 – Solo show, St. Davids Hall, Cardiff, Wales
- 22 – A Night On Broadway Concert, Barcelona
- 23 – A Night On Broadway Concert, Barcelona
(please check with venues for ticket availability)