Actor, presenter and winner of Strictly Come Dancing Ore Oduba will star as Brad Majors in the forthcoming tour of Richard O’Brien’s Rocky Horror Show. Back by huge popular demand, the legendary musical will tour the UK between July 2021 and June 2022.
Ore, whose previous stage credits include Curtains and Grease said: “I can’t wait to join the cast of the Rocky Horror Show. Like everybody, I’ve missed the stage so much and Rocky really is the perfect show to welcome audiences back to theatres.
“It’s such an iconic musical with songs that everyone knows, so I’m sure the Rocky fans will be desperate to do the Time Warp again! I’m so excited to get started and tour the country with our production… just got to remember to pack my stockings!!”
Cast For 2021-22 Rocky Horror Show UK Tour
Joining Ore returning to the cast of the Rocky Horror Show as Frank is Stephen Webb (Jersey Boys / Legally Blonde), alongside Philip Franks (The Darling Buds of May) as The Narrator. They will be joined by fan favourite Haley Flaherty (Mamma Mia / Chicago) as Janet.
Kristian Lavercombe (Jersey Boys / Jesus Christ Superstar) will once again reprise his role as Riff Raff, following more than 1350 performances around the world, with Lauren Ingram (Beauty and the Beast / My Fair Lady) as Columbia. Callum Evans (Grease / Miss Saigon) will take on the role of Rocky, with Joe Allen (Little Shop of Horrors / Charlie & The Chocolate Factory) as Eddie & Dr Scott.
Joining the cast as Phantoms are Reece Budin (Beautiful: The Carole King Musical / Man of La Mancha), Jordan Fox (Kinky Boots / Hairspray) and Rachel Grundy (Starlight Express / Peter Pan), with Danny Knott (Saturday Night Fever / A Midsummer Nights’ Dream) as Male Swing.
Do Time-Warp On Rocky Horror UK Tour
Since it first opened in London in June 1973 at the Royal Court’s Theatre Upstairs, Richard O’Brien’s Rocky Horror Show has become the world’s favourite Rock ‘N’ Roll musical, having been performed worldwide for over 45 years in more than 30 countries and translated into 20 languages.
Directed by Christopher Luscombe, the smash hit show features all of the famous musical numbers which have made The Rocky Horror Show such a huge hit for over four decades, including Sweet Transvestite, Science Fiction/Double Feature, and the timeless floor-filler, The Time-Warp.
Telling the story of two college kids, Brad and his fiancée Janet, who meet Dr Frank’n’Furter by chance when their car breaks down outside his house whilst on their way to visit their favourite college professor, The Rocky Horror Show famously combines science-fiction, horror, comedy and music. Audience participation is also part of the fun, meaning, of course, getting dressed-up in the most outrageous fancy dress!
Ready to thrill you with fun and naughty moments, The Rocky Horror Show is the boldest bash of them all. But be warned, this show has rude parts!
Where can you see The UK Tour of Rocky Horror Show in 2021 & 2022?
- W/C 12/07/2021 Southampton: Mayflower Theatre
- W/C 19/07/2021 Southampton: Mayflower Theatre
- W/C 26/07/2021 Canterbury: Marlowe Theatre
- W/C 02/08/2021 Milton Keynes: Milton Keynes Theatre
- W/C 09/08/2021 Nottingham: Royal Concert Hall
- W/C 16/08/2021 Glasgow: King’s Theatre
- W/C 23/08/2021 Manchester: Opera House
- W/C 06/09/2021 Plymouth: Theatre Royal
- W/C 13/09/2021 Llandudno: Venue Cymru
- W/C 20/09/2021 Sunderland: Empire Theatre
- W/C 27/09/2021 Birmingham: New Alexandra Theatre
- W/C 15/11/2021 Bradford: Alhambra Theatre
- W/C 22/11/2021 Hull: New Theatre
- W/C 29/11/2021 Brighton: Theatre Royal
- W/C 06/12/2021 Blackpool: Opera House
- W/C 17/01/2022 Bromley: Churchill Theatre
- W/C 24/01/2022 Oxford: New Theatre
- W/C 07/02/2022 Cardiff: New Theatre
- W/C 21/03/2022 Belfast: Grand Opera House
- W/C 28/03/2022 Poole: Lighthouse
- W/C 11/04/2022 Hastings: White Rock Theatre
- W/C 25/04/2022 Aberdeen: His Majesty’s Theatre
- W/C 30/05/2022 Stoke-On-Trent: Regent Theatre
- W/C 06/06/2022 Southend: Cliffs Pavilion
- Ore Oduba will perform up to and including Llandudno
- For tickets to any of the listed venues visit the Official Rocky Horror site