Glaswegian rockers, Mason Hill, recently stormed into the UK national album chart at No.19, achieving a coveted top 20 album position with their debut record Against The Wall.
The album is presently number 1 in the UK rock album chart. It is the first time a rock band has debuted with their album in the UK Top 20 since Greta Van Fleet in 2018 and also the first time a British rock act have debuted with their album in the UK Top 20 and No.1 in the UK rock album chart since Royal Blood and Lonely The Brave back in 2014!
Mason Hill’s Success Story
It is an incredible achievement for new British rock band, starting from an almost zero sales base and during a pandemic when there has been no traditional retail, no live shows or touring opportunities. The innovative marketing campaign run by both 7Hz Productions (ADA) and the band involved a six-month fan building initiative utilising the band social platforms, streaming performances, virtual ‘in store’ launch events, dark ad audience building and strategic media take over promotions. Coupled with positive press reviews, online reviews, regional radio support and four Planet Rock playlist additions, the band’s new album has connected musically with rock fans resulting in a surge of sales.
It is not only UK fans who have taken to the record, in Germany, Mason Hill have seen a huge uplift in airplay where they are presently trending in the top 15 German rock airplay charts with their single D.N.A and are also top 10 in the Heavy 1 French radio chart.
Band “Hungry” To Play
Mason Hill comprising Scott Taylor (lead vocals), James Bird (lead guitar), Marc Montgomery (guitar), Matthew Ward (bass) and Craig McFetridge (drums) announced their first ever full UK headline tour (including a Cardiff date) last week and already some venues have sold out! The 17 date UK & Irish tour will head out in early September with support from Hollowstar and Empyre.
Scott Taylor says “We are extremely humbled at the reception Against The Wall has received and needless to say, it has been an extremely bright light for us during this long Covid tunnel. It has made us even more hungry to get back out and play live again. Everyone is itching to crank up the volume and blast out the new material”
Mason Hill UK & Irish Dates 2021
- Thursday 2nd September – ABERDEEN Tunnels
- Friday 3rd September – GLASGOW Garage
- Saturday 4th September – GALASHIELS Macarts
- Thursday 9th September – DUBLIN Grand Social
- Friday 10th September – BELFAST Voodoo
- Tuesday 14th September – CAMBRIDGE Junction 2
- Wednesday 15th September – SHEFFIELD Corporation
- Thursday 16th September – BRISTOL Fleece
- Friday 17th September – BRIGHTON Patterns
- Saturday 18th September – GRAVESEND (SOLD OUT) Leos
- Monday 20th September – CARDIFF Globe
- Tuesday 21st September – SOUTHAMPTON Joiners
- Wednesday 22nd September – BRADFORD Nightrain
- Thursday 23rd September – BLACKPOOL Waterloo Music Bar
- Friday 24th September – LONDON Underworld
- Saturday 25th September – MANCHESTER Rebellion
- Sunday 26th September – WOLVERHAMPTON KK’s Steel Mill
- Tickets can be purchased via http://www.myticket.co.uk