North London alt-pop band, Kawala return with their first new music of 2021, in the form of new single Chasing/Wasting Time, out now on EMI records. The band have also rescheduled their next UK tour, including a Cardiff date for autumn 2021.
Featuring the core duo of singer Jim Higson and guitarist/singer Daniel McCarthy, Kawala’s melodically rich sound is cushioned with the pair’s harmonies, driven by Daniel’s unique finger-style acoustic guitar playing. The duo are complimented by fellow musicians Ben Batten on drums, Dan Lee on guitar and Reeve Coulson on Bass.
Kawala To Release New Mixtape
Chasing/Wasting Time is the first song from the band’s new mixtape which will be out later in the year.
Like everyone involved in music, the band had a hard time in 2020 with the pandemic scuppering everyone’s plans. Despite this, they forged ahead, finding new ways to interact with their audience throughout the year and have come out stronger because of it. In July they went on the road for a special, socially distanced outdoor tour (the first band to do so), playing free acoustic sets in parks around the country to a controlled number of their fans, organised via Whatsapp.
They were also made patrons of the Music Venue Trust who have been supporting grassroots venues throughout the difficult times of recent months. In partnership with MVT the band played a 100% live show from London’s Hoxton Hall which was streamed to 2,500 viewers (the equivalent of a sold-out Kentish Town Forum) with guests including Arlo Parks, The Amazons, Everything Everything and more.
Kawala Rescheduled 2021 UK & Ireland tour dates
In 2021 the band will be taking their live show on the road as they play the rescheduled shows of their 2020 tour.
- Sun 21 Nov – Cyprus Ave – Cork
- Mon 22 Nov – The Academy – Dublin
- Weds 24 Nov – St Dom’s Social Club – Newcastle
- Thurs 25 Nov – King Tut’s Wah Wah Hut – Glasgow (SOLD OUT)
- Fri 3 Dec – Club Academy – Manchester
- Sun 5 Dec – The Bullingdon – Oxford
- Mon 6 Dec – The Globe – Cardiff
- Tue 7 Dec – Thekla – Bristol (SOLD OUT)
- Weds 8 Dec – O2 Institute 2 – Birmingham
- Thurs 9 Dec – Arts Club – Liverpool
- Mon 13 Dec – O2 Kentish Town Forum – London